September 26, 2013
For Episode 4, Brad and Pippin briefly discuss (again) the JSON Rest API that has been proposed for WordPress 3.8, the core automatic updates (again) coming in WordPress 3.7 and how they affect plugins and themes, Pippin’s experience as a member of the WordPress plugins’ repository review team, our plugin picks for this episode, and also Post Forking, a project recently funded on Indiegogo.
Show notes and links:
- Ryan McCue – JSON REST API Interview on WP Tavern
- mobile apps – 40% of code base is to understand XML-RPC
- JSON support built-into Android and iOS natively
- can easily used from a theme’s JS – live reloading, commenting, infinite scroll, frontend posting, etc.
- Automatic updates will have hooks for themes and plugins
- Also discusses how to turn off automatic updates
- Detects svn or git repo, disables automatically
- Pippin’s experience as a member of the .org plugin review team
- Plugin Reviews:
- WP Post Forking funded on Indiegogo
Image credit: Patrick Smith Photography